Want dinner in a hurry? It can’t get any easier or tastier than this coconut curry salmon! It’s easy to prepare in just 30 minutes yet so super creamy and flavorful. The succulent fish and rich curry sauce are heaven over steamed rice!
The salmon cooks up moist and flavorful, and the coconut milk simmers into a creamy sauce thick with curry flavor. Perfect for spooning over piping-hot steamed rice or sopping up with crusty bread!
- Salmon– you can also use other firm-fleshed fish like yellowtail, mahi mahi, or milkfish. For variety, you can switch it up with seafood such as shrimp, mussels, or crab.
- Coconut Milk– while freshly pressed coconut milk delivers the best flavor, canned coconut milk provides a convenient alternative. If using canned, use full-fat for a rich, creamy taste.
- Curry Powder– I use curry powder which is made of ground spices and used in Indian-style dishes. You can substitute Thai curry paste if you want a different set of curry flavor.
- Roma Tomatoes– use ripe ones for sweeter and juicier taste
- Thai Chili Peppers– omit if you want to pare down the heat
- For a smooth, creamy consistency, simmer and do not boil the coconut sauce lest it curdles and separates.
- To extend the dish and add extra nutrition, you can add vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, green peas, or potatoes.
How to serve and store
- Coconut Curry Salmon makes a tasty main dish for lunch or dinner. Serve with steamed rice or crusty bread and a tossed salad for a delicious and filling meal.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro for color and serve with lime on the side to brighten flavors.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-size ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk