The Following Philippine Drama Coffee Flan in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest Pinoy Tambayan as Well as Pinoy Flix on Daily Basis. Coffee Flan at Pinoy Lambingan.
Coffee Flan PinoyFlix
Coffee Flan is a delicious twist on the classic custard dessert. Creamy, velvety soft, and with the most intense coffee flavor, it’s guaranteed to satisfy sweet cravings!
Guys, I am on a mission! I have nothing but love for caramel flan, so I decided to challenge myself and recreate all the different types and flavors of flan known to mankind in my kitchen.
It is a tall order, but I expect to have lots of fun and sweet memories. Make sure to check back here often for the fantastic flan varieties to come!
To start off the series is coffee flan. Creamy, velvety soft, and with the most intense coffee flavor, it’s a delicious way to get your caffeine fix.
Plus, it’s super easy to make using a genius hack of caramelizing sugar in the microwave. You’ll have a luscious treat in five simple steps!
- Make the caramel in the microwave.
- Pour the caramel in the ramekins to cover the bottom.
- Combine the milk and the eggs until well-blended, strain the mixture using a fine mesh sieve, and pour into the prepared ramekins.
- Cover ramekins tightly with foil, set on a bain marie or steamer, and bake or steam until custard is mostly set.
- Let cool completely, invert on a serving platter, and enjoy!
How to make flan smooth
- Stir the eggs and milk in one direction and refrain from beating vigorously which can introduce air to the mixture.
- Strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or fine-mesh sieve to remove any stray whites.
- If the mixture appears foamy, let stand for a few minutes for the bubbles to subside.
- Do not steam or bake at too high temperature. Use a water bath or bain marie to ensure the temperature rises slowly and the custard thickens gradually.
- Do not overcook. The flan is done when a insert a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- If you prefer a lighter custard, substitute regular milk for the evaporated.
- For a richer flavor and denser texture, use 12 egg yolks instead of 6 whole eggs.
- Don’t forget to add salt! A small pinch will help cut through the bitterness of the coffee for a smoother taste.
- Dissolve the instant coffee granules in a tablespoon of warm water and allow to cool completely before adding to the egg-milk mixture.
How to store
- Allow the custard to cool complete and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- It’s best to keep in the ramekins with the foil cover intact to maintain the quality. Invert on a plate when ready to serve.
- If already removed from the ramekins, transfer to flan to a container with a tight-fitting lid to keep the caramel and custard from drying out.