Make your favorite pasta in the pressure cooker in 20 minutes! This Instant Pot Filipino-style Spaghetti is meaty, saucy, and with the perfect touch of sweetness. Delicious as a midday snack or main meal!
It seems you love this multicooker as much as I do because I often get requests for Instant Pot recipes. Your wish is my command, my lovely people because aside from the new blog, I’m also working on a pressure cooker section right here on Kawaling Pinoy just for you.
Why you’ll love the recipe
- This recipe is based on my tried and tested pressure cooker spaghetti which I make often for my family. I just switched the Italian sausage to ground beef, used sweet-style sauce, and added hot dogs to suit our Pinoy tastes.
- It turns out meaty, saucy, and incredibly tasty in 20 minutes and in one pot! It’s a quick and easy dish perfect for busy weeknights.
- The spaghetti noodles are cooked right in the pot with the sauce so they come out extra flavorful, and there’s no need to boil water separately.
This is a quick overview plus additional tips; check the recipe card below for the complete ingredient list and detailed recipe instructions.
- Brown the hot dogs– for an authentic feel, use Filipino “red” hot dogs. If not available you can also use diced ham or sliced vienna sausages to add a smoky flavor.
- Brown the meat– cook the ground beef using the SAUTE feature on NORMAL. You can substitute with ground chicken or turkey for a leaner option.
- Saute– add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic and cook until softened. You can also include sliced mushrooms for extra bulk and nutrition. Remove any excess grease and season the meat with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Return the hot dogs.
How to store and serve
- Enjoy this pressure cooker Filipino-style spaghetti with cheesy garlic bread and a green salad as a midday snack or main meal.
- Allow leftovers to cool completely and transfer in airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave at 2 to 3-minute intervals until warmed through, stirring well between intervals